I honestly don’t know where the markets are heading next. I cannot predict where and when the top and bottom shall take place. But I learnt it hard way, what I should do "stay" or "quit" when price is traveling beyond my reference levels.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

After the break - Trade Update

Had a busy schedule at office for the last two weeks and could not update here. Ok, what is going on with my trades?

Crude oil : After that unhappy hedging, managed to came out without a damage :).. Oil has bounced nicely from the 4060 lows and raised till 4400 last week. Glad that captured 70% of this move.. Had a thought of booking the profits around 4400 but some how held back thinking of some more highs. But it has reversed from the peak last evening after poor data from U.S and given a sell around 4300. Now holding SELL with SAR at 4360.

Copper: Dr.Copper was a darling for the couple of weeks :). Was expecting the big move for some time but didn't know which direction it would be.. Had some typical whipsaws which alerted me for the big move..and it finally came. long entered at 407 was moving all the way above to 437 without taking my stop till the U.S poor data news last evening.. didn't book the long at high but reversed them to shorts when i got the sell signal at 431.. one of the good trade from copper after somany whipsaws and still some losses to be recovered.not bothering about the loss and just following the price action.. Holding the SELL now with SAR at 438.

No comments: